Change the email address tickets are sent from

David Stein October 14, 2020

How do you change the email address tickets are sent from?   Example:  support@mycompany.com.

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2020

Hello David,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It's possible to add a custom email to receive requests on your service desk as Callum mentioned, but not a distribution group.

The email used on a service desk must be specifically for that and no one should have access to its inbox (only an administrator) to make sure Jira will read the emails and create the tickets correctly.

There are some feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

David Stein October 15, 2020

I want the email that is sent from Jira to be support@mycompany.com and not support@mycompany.atlassian.com. 

I set up a custom email account and the from email notifications did not change. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

Thank you for the details, David.

It's necessary to change the project email and for that, it's necessary to verify the domain. 

After that, to change the project email, go to Project settings > Notifications (Classic) or Service Desk Settings > Notifications > Notifications email (Next-gen).

If you have any other questions or face any issue, please let us know.

Like Mark Godfrey likes this
Mark Godfrey October 29, 2020

I found this very helpful.  Thank you

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2020

Hi @David Stein 

If you go to Project Settings > Email Requests (you will need to be a project admin to do this), you will be able to edit the default email address that messages will be sent from (this will keep the domain of your website in the email address), or alternatively, you will be able to connect to a custom email account

David Stein October 15, 2020

This only allows to change the @xxx.Atlassian.com email.   I am unable to change it to support@mycompany.com.  

The connect to custom email account does not let you connect to a distribution group. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events