Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default tab of screen

Chris Fortmueller September 18, 2021

We have a screen that is associated with a status transition. This screen asks for a comment, which is added to the comments of the issue.

See following screenshot for the screen:

change order of comment options.png

99% of the time, we intend to insert internal comments in this screen. That is technically fine, since we can switch to to the internal comment tab. However, if our agent forgets to switch to this tab, they are likely to send a comment that was meant for internal recipients only to be sent out to the customer.

Is it possible to change the ordering/default tab of this screen, so that the default option is internal comment, and not respond to customer?

I have looked at the configure screen option for this screen (called "Kommentar bei Übergabe", see screenshot below for this menu in Jira), but it is not apparent to me how/if what we would like to do is possible.

screen configuration.png

3 answers

0 votes
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2021

Maura,

Perfect! As I understand it, they are implementing this soon. It also has a related bug. I believe that very soon this will be working perfectly.

See you soon!

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2021

Hi @Chris Fortmueller,

As Roberto stated, you can't change the tab order. However, as a workaround, and since 99% of the time you are commenting internally, I propose the following (under the condition that you have the JMWE app, or similar):

• Create two new multi line text fields, called Internal Comment and Comment to Customer
  • Create a new screen with two tabs. One is going to be used for internal comment, and the other for the customer
  • You can use a couple of post functions to add these fields as comment after the transition takes place.
  • Of course you will need a validator to check that if one field is not empty, then the other has to be empty (to secure that you will reply only internal or to the customer)

If you don't wish to have two tabs, you can also create a radio button where the default value will be "Internal comment".

The cons of this solution is that you will have the actual comment box visible. But you might be able to add a groovy script with the JMWE to check that the actual comment field is empty. I know that is a long solution, but currently the only one I have now :)  

0 votes
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2021

Hi, @Chris Fortmueller 
Unfortunately it is not possible to change this.

Cheers!

Maura Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

@Roberto Miasack do you know if there is an open feature request for this? We have the same problem so I would vote for this functionality to be added.

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021
Maura Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

Roberto,

Thank you for the links. Voting is closed but I have added myself as a watcher to the cloud ticket.

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2021

@Maura Swart

Perfect! As I understand it, they are implementing this soon. It also has a related bug. I believe that very soon this will be working perfectly.

See you soon!

Alex Berenfeld September 27, 2021

Hi @Roberto Miasack,

Because JSM does not offer an option to change default, our team has created an app which 1) allows an agent to be prompted before sending a message to customers and 2) changes the default setting to respond internal rather than to customer if desired.  Within the app you can add rules based on specific projects, issue types and customize the message for the dialog.

DoubleCheck Marketplace Listing 

Unfortunately, due to security constraints, Doublecheck is offered for Server and Data Center but is incompatible with cloud.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Alex

Mohamed Amin Yusoff December 13, 2021

Hi All, is there any similar App for cloud? 

Alex Berenfeld May 9, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Amin Yusoff ,

Unfortunately the current version is incompatible with cloud due to changes that Atlassian made within cloud vs DC and Server. We are working on an update and will make an announcement if/when launched.

Thanks,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events