Change a default comment that was set up back in 2018

Marta Dawes October 6, 2022

Our JIRA cloud instance started back in 2018, and the person who set it up is no longer with us.  There is no documentation as to what he did. 

Our problem is that we have a default comment on our JIRA Service Mgmt project, that shows up in every ticket that is opened.  We need to change the text, but I've looked everywhere in JIRA to figure out where it might be, but can't find it.  I've been through ever step on workflows, field configurations, etc., and can't find where it might be.  

Does anyone have any idea of where this setting is hidden?  Or, since JSM has changed so much over the years, is it something we can't access now?  We're on the most current cloud version.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

Hi @Marta Dawes 

Have you tried checking legacy automation as well? Code Barrel automation only got added into Jira Cloud around 2020 I believe.

If it's just affecting one project then maybe there's a post function on the workflow adding the comment - you could try there. It would be on the transition, so the arrow going from one status to the next. You can find it like this:

From your service project, select Project settings > Workflows. Select the edit icon next to the workflow you want to show a transition for. Select Diagram to open the diagram view.

Marta Dawes October 7, 2022

Thank you!  The legacy automation was the issue.  I've changed it, and hopefully this is the last surprise from an old setting. :-)

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2022

No problem @Marta Dawes - glad you got it sorted. I know how frustrating it can be trying to find something like that.

2 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Hi @Marta Dawes have you looked at automation rules - Both at the project and globally?

Marta Dawes October 6, 2022

I've double-checked again, but there is nothing set up for ticket creation in automation.  We have several on resolve, and on duplicate ticket, but nothing for create.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Just to be doubly sure, you checked global automation as well (System >> Global Automation)

Marta Dawes October 7, 2022

Yes...global automation has just four rules active, and none of them are on create...just resolve.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events