Change Request Type for email channel

Sam Tan December 28, 2017

Deal All,

Want to know how to change the default Request Type for our Service Desk. We've went through the KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-the-email-channel-732528949.html

However there is no way (most of them are greyout), can you let me know how to change it?

Thanks.JIRA.png

3 answers

4 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hi Sam,

The reason why you can't switch your email channel to another request type is most likely because that request type does not have both 'Summary' and 'Description' fields. Those two fields are the minimum requirement for a request type to be eligible for linking with an email channel.

More info on configuring your email channel and request types is here and here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ivan

0 votes
Lewis Cook January 17, 2020

Realise this is quite an old question now however I've been having similar problems and managed to resolve via the following:

1. Disable email channel entirely
  2. This allows you to delete the existing "default" issue type in the "hidden from portal" list
  3. Check the fields for the new request type you want to use (by default description isn't there)
  4. Re-enable email channel and you should now be able to choose the request type you desire*

*I'd already created a duplicate email request "request type" which seemed to become the default.

I was certainly stuck unable to delete the original request type with the "Email" box as per the last screen grab. The guides all say to "simply edit the email requests page" but don't indicate that it will only show applicable request types (with summary and description) on the drop down.

Lewis Cook April 28, 2020

Come back round to do this again... final missing piece of the puzzle.

"To receive requests by email, you must have a request type with visible Summary and Description fields. All other request type fields must be optional."

Peo Krook March 8, 2021

I was tricked by the GUI of the Email Channel edit form. I didn't notice the "NEXT" button at bottom right corner. I only saw the email account settings and exited out over and over again.

Clicking "Next" allows you to choose the Request type among those who fulfil the field criteras that @Lewis Cook points out above.

So... As I understand it there is no need to delete any existing request type in order to CHANGE default email request type.

0 votes
Sam Tan December 30, 2017

Hi Ivan,

I can see the information is filled in, please see attached screen.

Best regards,

Sam1.png

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2017

I don't quite understand from your screenshot what seems to be the problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events