Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Management Workflow Dynamic Routing

Patrick Windsor December 23, 2020

I am a managed service provider and use JIRA Service Desk Cloud as my support desk for my customers. I have created a single help desk project for all of my customers and set up an organization for each of my customers. We use the change management functionality to make any changes to our customer system. I am using the out-of-the box change management workflow and use the CAB field to get approval from my customers to make the change. I have one customer that wants to have a secondary approval in the workflow, first it goes to their business users then to their internal IT group. My question: Is there a way to route work based upon the organization, specifically if Organization = Acme then it follows a path with two step approval and if not then it uses the one step approval?

1 answer

0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi Patrick,

You could create a new service desk project and customise the workflow.

Is there a strong reason for you to stick with one service desk project? You can specify which organisations see each project.

Otherwise you may need to use a separate request type for the two step approval, although that might impact user experience of course.

A third option might be to look at the automation rules available in Jira/Service Management.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events