Capture what portal group a request came in from

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

We have a few projects where we groups the request types in to logical Portal groups.

However, we also have some Request types that we have placed in multiple groups (same request type, just multiple groups).

I'm now looking to see if there is any way to capture what Portal group was used to enter the request. Is this possible any way? Maybe thru automation? Some smart value that I missed?

The case here is that I want to run an automation based on what portal group was used (and possible also the help make the groups more efficient)

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Harding
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

If you look up the issues using the rest api `/rest/api/3/issue/<ISSUE_KEY>`, can you see the field/value in question? It may be under a `customfield_....` entry. If so, then you will be able to access that information in your automation rules, using that custom fields id, as {{issue.customfield_.....}}

Hope that helps
Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events