Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture issue information in approval request email

danielb October 1, 2020

Hello - I'm hoping someone can help me to resolve an issue I have when I try to capture issue information in an email notification.

I'd like the issue summary, key and a custom field to be presented in the email that is sent to approvers. I've used the below already in email automations that we're using, but in the approval email received, it just presents the text, rather than captures the information in my issue.

{{issue.summary}} {{issue.key}}
{{issue.Staff member's full name}}

Appreciate a steer on this please - Thanks in advance

1.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Hi @danielb 

Are you typing the variables or using the 'insert variables' button?

Regards, Liam

danielb October 1, 2020

Hi Liam - thanks for this....I was freetyping...I didn't even see the button that was right in front of me!

This resolves for summary and key information, but it doesn't offer my custom field as a variable, and doesn't work if I freetype the same format for ${Staff member's full Name}

It's odd, my custom fields are presented in other emails linked to automations. Do you know if there's any way of capturing this information?

Dan 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Hi Dan

Having done some digging in this, it doesn't look like it is possible in notifications - there is a feature suggestion for it though:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4782

Liam

Like danielb likes this
danielb October 1, 2020

Thanks for your support with this Liam - much appreciated! 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2020

You're welcome - glad we got to the bottom of it.

Depending on how important it is to you, you could consider an add on such as Email this Issue to help

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2021

You can also try our add-on Raley Emails Notifications  

With it you can add any custom or standard fields to your notifications as well as Approve/Decline buttons which are currently not supported by JSM cloud.

Cheers,

Vlad

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events