Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create ticket when use same mail subject

matheus March 29, 2021

Hi.

I have 3 ServiceDesk and made a mailing list in Gsuite which there are 3 emails JSD.

Like this

All-division@company.com
- HR@companypeople.atlassian.net
- Sales@companypeople.atlassian.net
- finance@companypeople.atlassian.net

#1'st try
I've tried to send to all-division@company.com, but only 1 issue create in 1 Service desk.

#2nd try
i try sending with subject
test-hr to HR@companypeople.atlassian.net
test-Sales to Sales@companypeople.atlassian.net
test-Finance to finance@companypeople.atlassian.net

All issue created in each service desk.

#3rd try
i send 1 email with 1 subject, Test all to HR@companypeople.atlassian.net, sales@companypeople.atlassian.net, finance@companypeople.atlassian.net

Only create 1 ticket in 1 Service Desk ( random ).

So the question.

how can i create issue with 1 subject mail to 3 mail Service Desk, and will create the issue in each service desk?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hello Matheus,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating a ticket via email, it’s expected that the ticket will be created only for the first email address added to the “To”. With this said, all other email addresses will be ignored and only one ticket will be created.

Also, using a mailing list is not recommended because it can cause issues and tickets may not be created, as you already tested and could see that only one ticket was created in one of the projects.

The best option, in this case, would be to choose a main project where customers can send specific requests and then, using automation, clone the ticket to the other two projects.

In the example below, I created the automation rule on the Service Desk IT project (Project settings > Automation > Automation). Then, if the ticket is created via email and the summary contains “Test”, it will create a ticket in HR and Legal projects.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 14.13.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 14.31.31.png

You can also create the same rule on each project in case there are no main projects.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events