Cant change status to planned/started etc

Herman John August 17, 2022

Hi there, 

We have created a custom issue type to handle some of our projects. 
The issue type works fine for admins but i cantchange the status on the issue to anything other than:
- Specification incomplete
- Closed
- Delivered

We have tried changing the permissions.

The workflow has the usual planned, started etc. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Herman John and welcome to the community,

Can you see all other statuses or you have visibility only to these 3 statuses. If an admin is on the same issue and status as you, can he/she other statuses?

Most likely you have to check your workflows conditions & validators and see what's wrong.

Herman John August 17, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ and thank you for the quick response. 

Admins on the same issues can se: 
Add to Sprint -> Planned
Estimate -> Waiting for estimate

I also just found out that other users without Admin permissions can see the statuses above, most likely something with my user permissions?

Kind regards

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

It has certainly something to do with roles and or conditions within the workflow.

Kindly check the project role assigned to you, as well as the project role assigned to other users (besides admins).

There is a high change that within the workflow there is a condition which states "only users from a specific role" can transition the issue to the corresponding statuses.

Herman John August 19, 2022

Thank you for the response, 

The problem was that i was missing one group permission. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

Good to know that you solved this through!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events