Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot start SLA when customer posts a comment

I have setup SLA for "Time to resolution". When the status is WORK IN PROGRESS, it will start counting the time.

Then when we are waiting for the reply from customer, we put the status as WAITING FOR CUSTOMER, which will stop counting the time.

Problem is from here: I have added a condition to start counting for time when there are a comment from customer. I have added a comment as customer but the counting do not start.

Is there any place I need to configure? I'm not sure if I need to (and I suppose I need to?) configure somewhere so that status will also become WORK IN PROGRESS.

Best regards,
Riki

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Riki YAMASHITA,

We have noticed in testing that results may be inconsistent when you have multiple roles in your service desk project. When you are both an agent and a customer in your service desk, the evaluation of the condition that you are posting as a customer does not trigger the rule correctly.

If that is what you are seeing during testing, don't worry. Test again with an account that is exclusively defined as a customer. It should work correctly then.

I suspect that is what is happening in the case you are describing. 

Hi Walter,

I had same feeling as you have mentioned so I’m using an user that does not have any role. Im saying no role is because when I add customer from Customer” “Add customer button, this customer do not appear in the list of Project settings” “User. So I assume it has no role or probably only Service Desk Customer.

Don’t we have to do anything in the workflow?

Best regards,

Riki

The user's role should be Service Desk Customer.

You don't need to do anything in your workflow, but you would normally have to set up an automation rule to automatically transition your ticket from Waiting for Customer to In progress when a customer comments.

Legacy automation had a built-in automation rule for that, called Transition on Comment. You can find an example on how to trigger the rule in the template library over here (you'll need to change the action to transition issue instead of sending email, though).

Like Pedro Silva likes this

Hi Walter,

I used Transition on Comment in Automation as you have suggested and status has become In progress from Waiting for Customer, thanks! But I still can't still start SLA.

The condition to change the status is "When user is customer" and "When status is Waiting for customer". System understand that the user I'm using is "Customer", but SLA don't seem to recognize this user as "Customer". Any idea?

Best regards,
Riki

As soon as you have your automation is in place and automatically changes the status of your ticket, you can start and pause your SLA timer just from the status transitions.

e.g.: start when ticket is created, stop when ticket is resolved and pause when the ticket is in status waiting for customer.

I seems to have some problem on SLA configuration, time is not ticking at all :( Time is shown in the ticket: time to first response 4h, time to resolution 12h, but in pause. I cannot run the time...

Ahh, I think it is because it is out of working hour, that is why it is paused. I'll check it tomorrow.

OK, so SLA issues was because it was out of working hour. Everything is working as expected, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

281 views 8 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you