Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set "Require approval from" for fields with limited contexts

Shannon March 12, 2021

When configuring a workflow to use a multi-picker user field for approvals, the field will not appear in the list of values for "Require approval from" if the field has only specific issue type contexts set, even if the workflow is tied to one of the selected issue type contexts. 

However, the field does appear in the list of values for "Require approval from" if the context is set to global, "any issue type". 

The workaround is to set the fields to global context, configure the workflow, then limit the context (in that order). 

The workflow seems to continue working as intended even with the restricted context. This workaround is going to pose issues as the workflow is edited in the future, I assume requiring us to set the contexts to global again in order to publish a new version of the workflow. 

I couldn't find this information anywhere in the community yet, so I just wanted to share it here. I have also submitted a bug with Atlassian so we may be able to link to an existing or new bug once they get back to me. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon March 12, 2021

The workaround is to set the fields to global context, configure the workflow, then limit the context (in that order). 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events