Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove status due to Issue in that status

James Malgieri January 16, 2023

I have a Jira Project in which no issues have been created.   The project lead has asked that one of the states, ACTIVE, be renamed to OPEN.  The states in this workflow only have All transitions. 

If I click on ACTIVE to rename it I get a message that says this state is being used by other projects and warns me that renaming the state will affect the other projects.

My solution was to add the OPEN state and then remove the ACTIVE state from the workflow. However, when I attempt to remove ACTIVE I get a message telling me, "There are issues in this status that need to be moved to another status or project before we can remove this status." - but there are no issues. No issues were ever created for this project.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

2 answers

1 vote
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

Hi @James Malgieri 

We usually avoid renaming status on large instance and create a new one instead. A status can be used in other workflow / projects.

You should copy the WF, delete the status from the copy then update the Workflow Sceme with the copy.

You cannot remove a status from an active workflow.

Regards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2023

Is it possible that you do not have view access ("browse project") to see the issues in the project?  We know you are an admin, but that does not mean "can do everything".

And, are there other projects using the current workflow?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events