cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot filter by "Last Comment" text

Luis Pereira November 5, 2020

Hello all!!

I used to be able to filter by "Last Comment" keyword search, for example 

project = "XYZ" AND "Last Comment" ~ "\"<<UDF_UP>>\"" AND "Last Comment Date" <= now() AND "Last Comment Date" >= -10d

However, now I get that the "Last Comment" field does not support the CONTAINS operator (~), this worked before we started using Jira Cloud. 

Can anyone help me out here? I need to be able to filter text within the "last comment" field.

2 answers

1 vote
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Luis Pereira ,

You can try the Comment Enhancer app to query issues with CONTAINS (~) operator.

All you need to do is to create the Last Comment custom field in your Jira. After creating comment custom fields, add these fields to the relevant screens. Then you'll see that these fields are populated automatically by Comment Enhancer. For historical data, meaning to show data in already existing issues, just perform a regeneration and you're done.

Comment Enhancer custom fields are sortable and searchable.

Last comment.pngcfddd5f0-35a0-47a1-8f23-d62e8e7d91a0.png

59ffa8c5-bb6b-4a87-bf30-44f06d88cac4.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

0 votes
final_openshift Certi November 5, 2020

Hi Luic,

You can achieve this by using   JQL Search Extension plugin , you can use the query lcommentedOnDate = "2016/03/14" OR commentedOnDate = "2016/03/13"commentedOnDate in ("2016/03/14""2016/03/13")commentedOnDate < now()

Please refer to the documents it contains examples and other necessary information related to the usage of plugin

Luis Pereira November 5, 2020

Hello! thank you for your answer....

But how can i look for a specific text within a "last comment" type of field? I used to be able to do this:

"Last Comment" ~ "\"<<UDF_UP>>\""

But with Jira Cloud it says that "last comment" does not accept the CONTAINS (~). Can you help me with that?

final_openshift Certi December 1, 2020

Hi Luis,
The options that I posted are made available through a plugin and currently the plugin does not offer this feature

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events