Cannot change project's default language

Pier-Lionel Sgard November 25, 2019

Hi,

I tried to follow the instructions on this page, but I don't have the step 6, so I cannot change the default language. And I didn't find another way to do that. (I want to change to French as default).

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 12.11.11.png

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hello Pier-Lionel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

As per the screenshot, I can see that you are using a next-gen project and currently the option to select a default language is available only for a classic project.

This is the view of a classic project Language support:

Screenshot 2019-11-25_16-03-58-050.png

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of the ability to select the default language on next-gen:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

For more details about the language support on next-gen, please check the documentation below:

Regards,
Angélica

Pier-Lionel Sgard November 27, 2019

Alright, thanks for your help. Hope this feature will be done soon.

Regards

Like Angélica Luz likes this
GRUPO NEXT July 28, 2020

Sorry, Angélica. Then, if you have created the Project, after you cant change the default language? So, means you must créate a new Project? Repeat the all again????

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hello @GRUPO NEXT

When using Next-gen projects, the default language must be selected at the moment the project is created. After that, it's not possible to change.

On Classic projects, it's possible to add multiple languages and change the default one whenever it's necessary.

I checked the feature request I linked on my previous response and it's already closed. They decided to not implement this feature on next-gen.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events