Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot approve issue approval

Ricardo Smeets July 6, 2021

I am creating a application that makes use of the Jira service management API, and I am trying to approve issues from within my own application. I made the assumption that by using Answer approval endpoint I would be able to approve the issues that need to be approved. in the issue fields I can see the needed approver and try to use the issueKey and approvalId to make the call, however this returns a 404 error saying the requestType that I am trying to view does not exist. I use the OAuth flow and have the right permissions (write:servicedesk-request). The approval user that is connected tot the issue is the same user that makes the call with the bearer token, so he should have access to the issue and approval. Does anyone know if is did something wrong or that the desired outcome can be achieved in any other way? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hello Ricardo,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

According to the error, it seems that the ticket doesn’t have a request type. 

Can you please let us know if the ticket has a valid request type? 

Is the request type visible in the customer portal or is it hidden?

Is the ticket on a status that requires approval? 

If possible, ask the user to access the customer portal or the ticket in Jira to check if it works normally the approval from there.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events