cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add more than 4 accounts to Free tier

Joe Trier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

Just starting with Jira in the free account.  Currently, there are a total of 4 users including myself.

Looking at Admin -> Users, I see only 4 users.

In Admin -> Billing, it shows "Free Account" which is good.

The problem is is that I can not add any more users.  At the top of the screen, I see "No users left".

2 answers

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Joe Trier per the JSM Pricing guide, the Free license only allows 3 agents.

If you are the system administrator, under Administration / Products / Jira Service Management, if you click 'Manage Products' you should see the total number of Licensed Users listed there.  Anyone who is flagged as an 'Agent' would be using a license.  You wouldn't be able to go beyond 3 agents with the free license.

Hope that helps.

Joe Trier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2024

Setting up Jira Service Management did it.  Thanks, I appreciate the help.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2024

@Joe Trier -

Welcome to the community.  Under the "Free Subscription", you are only allow to have 3 agent licenses, thus you cannot add another user with agent license.  However, all customers (who access the JSM project via portal UI) are unlimited.

If you need to add more agents, then you will have to change your subscription plan to Standard (which means it will no longer to be free).

This is a different case with Jira Software Application (Jira). Where all users must be licensed to the product.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events