Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use @mention in Automation Lite condition?

Sue Bridges January 4, 2021

I have suddenly discovered JIRAs @mention facility and did think this would be really slick as when I create the issue, I can get Automation to add in a text comment with the @<User> as part of the text - however, without the auto fill facility of it in use at this point, it appears not to work. In regular comments, you can hover when it auto fills and I have put in the login name in the same manner as it uses.

Is there any way of using it here?

thanks

Sue

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hello @Sue Bridges 

Which user do you want to mention? Reporter or specific user?

You want this rule to alert user or add a specific comment?

A little more detail if you can.

Thanks, 

BR, Olga

Sue Bridges January 5, 2021

Hi Olga,

Statndard JIRA used here.  Specific User at the moment (though can you do a User Group?)

Initially alert the User, and I was adding in a Comment to try and make the @mention work.  So, give them the issue reference, and title.

Ideally my aim would be to:-

- notify the User (but not assign them the issue currently).

- keep them updated on any comments added to the issue (presumably another Automation rule will sort that).

This scenario works if I create the issue, use Automation to auto assign the issue to the User so that they are e-mailed and then chain a second rule to assign the issue back to the Reporter.  This just seemed like quite a bit of processing overhead (not an issue in our system, but that's not the point) once I'd discovered the mention facility.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Sue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events