Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you send a web request from automation to update or overwrite a confluence page

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2022

Hi there,

I have this process that runs through various object types in Assets and assembles information and then sends that as a HTML email, works fine and dandy.

I have built a Send web request that can create a confluence page with issue data, but I want to be able to overwrite or update the page with new 'Custom Data'
I can't use the same title as it bounces saying a page already exists, just wondering if anyone knows a way around that or to tell it to create a new version of the page or something I can put in the Custom Data section of the send web request.

Thanks all

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hello @Ste404 

I believe you could do it if you using the Update Content endpoint for the Confluence REST API.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/rest/v1/api-group-content/#api-wiki-rest-api-content-id-put

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2022

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

Anderson Baum Barbosa March 10, 2023

Hi @Ste404 , have you been able to find a solution for that? Experiencing the same challenge. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events