Can you recommend any chat solution fully integrated into JIRA Service Desk SERVER?

Markus Raab November 15, 2017

Can you recommend any chat solution fully integrated into JIRA Service Desk SERVER?

We would like to offer a chat for our signed in customers to speed up and improve the customer service, but we also want to be able to directly create a JIRA Service Desk issue out of a chat discussion.

Basic requirements

• logged in customer, therefore contact data is available
  • simply generate JSD ticket directly from the chat conversation
  • add transcript, attachments, etc. of the chat conversation to the JSD ticket
  • nice to have: also access Confluence KB from chat, e.g., share links from the Confluence KB

So far I heard about ...

• Olark - JSD add-on available for integration
  • LiveChat Inc. - JSD add-on available for integration
  • Intercom - no JSD add-on available but heard it is possible to connect those two system

What are you using for this? I do not think that HipChat is meant to be for external customers, thus there must be another solution.

4 comments

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

If you are on cloud, look for Atlassian Stride. Otherwise look for Atlassian Hipchat.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Markus Raab November 15, 2017

I just saw that  I did not mention that and edited it now. I am talking about JIRA Service Desk Server.

I always thought that Hipchat (now Stride as well) is meant to be for internal communication.

kajtzu November 16, 2017

I haven’t tried any of the solutions that have JSD as an add on but if I were to sign up to one I would try it out in great detail and assume absolutely nothing of how it works.. Most “integrations” are not worth the trouble they bring and usually lack one or two of the most important features - for you.

I would agree that HipChat is focused for internal use. It does have a guest mode via web URL but it is severely lacking compared to Slack’s guest functionality for example.

As a part-time Salesforce admin the JIRA/SFDC and Zendesk/SFDC (particularly) “integrations” have quite bad...

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2018

Hello Markus,

The LiveChat app does exactly what you need and is absolutely free of charge. Check it out here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugin.livechat/server/overview

If you have additional questions, feel free to write me back :)

Anatolii Dobrynskyi April 17, 2020

Actually it does not! LiveChat "integration" with Jira means that you will be able to put LiveChat widget somewhere in your Jira - Customer Portal or other pages. That's it. There is no integration for creating Jira tickets from within the actual chat with the customer and linking a ticket there.

Janusz Gorycki June 8, 2018

Hi folks,

Janusz from Spartez here.

Sorry for a bit of commercial break, but we have recently released the Chat for Service Desk (server) app - aptly named ‘Chat for Service Desk’. It provides a real-time chatting solution ("live chat") that helps your site visitors / app users connect with teams working through Jira Service Desk.

It is NOT an integration with a 3rd party chatting service - it is self-contained - you just install the app in Service Desk, place a bit of javascript on your web site (or just enable the chat on your customer portal) and you have full chat support.

It has a bunch of nifty features:

• Creates issues out of chat conversations on-the-fly
  • Turns customer’s messages into issue comments - updating issue views in real time
  • Turns your issue comments into messages within the chat
  • Handles request queues updates
  • Lets you see which customers are currently online
  • Allows support personnel to toggle their availability
  • Chat widget is replaced with email when all agents are offline
  • Sends the customer chat digests through email
  • Fully optimized for mobile web pages
  • Chat look & feel is customisable

Interested? You may want to try it out - it’s just available on the Atlassian Marketplace.

An introduction video can also be viewed here.

Cheers,
Janusz Gorycki, spartez.com

Like Dave Liao likes this
Markus Raab June 11, 2018

Thanks Janusz, I saw it already some time ago and we have it on our radar.

Janusz Gorycki June 11, 2018

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance. We are available at support@spartez.com.

Joann Bloom May 20, 2020

I recommend LiveAdmins live chat solution that fully integrated into JIRA service desk server.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events