Can you prevent notifications for specific reporters

Emma Henderson November 2, 2020

We have a specific user which generates quite a few tickets from our IT monitoring solution. We have channeled these into their own queue so they can be handled from there. 

However, we would ideally like to prevent these tickets from generating the same email notifications that other tickets do. 

I can't see a way to specify this in the Notification scheme. Has anyone had any success with doing something similar or have any ideas on how this could be achieved?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2020

Hello Emma,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk, the reporter receives customer notifications, and what triggers this type of notification is the request type.

It's not possible to block some notifications to be sent to specific reporters. If they don't disable it in the portal, they will keep receiving it.

I understood that the reporter is able to access the request internally and they don't need to receive updates, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

If it happens on a classic project, the best option is for them to create the ticket using the Create button in Jira and instead of selecting a Request type, they select an Issue type. With that, the reporter won't receive notifications because the Request type will be empty.

Other than that, they will have to manually go to the portal and disable the notifications.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 13.45.41.png

There is a feature suggesting an improvement for that:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive notifications about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events