Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you give specific permissions to queues to certain users

Jonathan Alonzo February 27, 2019

After creating a new queue, can you give permission to only specific personnel within that project?

6 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Hello,

Unfortunately Queues can only be modified and created by Project Admins or jira administrators.  There is no security, permissions on a per queue level.

Hope that helps

Susan

Jonathan Alonzo March 1, 2019

Ok thanks, it does help... at the same time it doesn't.

Shame Jira doesn't do it that way as I use the queues to generate reports, and I don't need Service Desk agents looking at these at a managerial standpoint.

Like # people like this
Jennifer Flinn July 29, 2021

I just submitted a feature suggestion to at least add the manage queue permission to the permission scheme (rather than defaulting it to the Administrators Role). Maybe we can get some momentum for support!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-8511

Like # people like this
3 votes
Mariena Quintanilla May 11, 2020

I'd like to echo a need to support this use case.  Our organization is looking to use service desk for product support.  There product-specific and functional experts.  It would be preferred that to manage a list of users that have permission to work on each queue, or even to create "queue groups".

This would remove the cluttered look of the UI (because we're going to need over a dozen queues) as well as ensure the wrong people are updating work that they are not intended to be working on or make a mistake / get confused and end up in the wrong queue.

Paul Nash May 13, 2020

I agree on the need for Queue Grouping. I need my service desk to have a clear view of various things. All Open Incidents, Major Incidents, Incidents Resolved today, All Open Problems, All Open SR's, SR's awaiting approval and the list goes on. Basically being able to group would be perfect for them to be more organised and things looking less cluttered on the screen

Like # people like this
3 votes
Mario.Ghobreyal May 7, 2020

hello

are there any updates about this topic or is it still not possible to make a queues only for a few people accessable?

instead of  all Agents of the projects

0 votes
Mitch Land
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

We have this requirement as well. Is there an update on this question and/or does Jay's Issue security question answer it?

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

In 2022, permissioning JSM queues still is not a native feature in either Cloud or Data Center. 😢

p.s. I don't think anyone has made a Suggestion for this on jira.atlassian.com yet - if anyone has, link that here!

0 votes
Jay Keck May 23, 2022

Can't you use issue level security to solve this problem, where a triggered  automation rule  using the same jql as is used to display the queue would set issuelevel security where you can limit who sees the issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events