Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the setup of JIRA Service Desk?

Mia Söderström July 13, 2021

I would like to know if you can change JIRA Service Desk. Our users wants to change columns in the screen? They want to change how to to filter on the issues? How to sort? 

Is that possible? 

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Mia Söderström and welcome to the community!

i'm going to assume here that you are working with queues?

If so, the users are able to sort on what they want but they are unable to change the filter/columns in those queues. Those are predefined by the (project) admin.

If they are just using filters tho (advanced search) they can manage those themselves.

Queues are like their day to day to do and should be pretty standardized but if they want to do their own searches they can create their own filters and layouts using the advanced search.

Hi! 

I am admin of our setup of JIRA. So if I understand you right, you cant change the filter/columns in the queues? How can I as admin change these columns? I our case they want to be able to filter on Solved issues seperately. Now its just open issues and all issues. 

Can I fix this for our users? 

Regards / Mia p.s. Sorry for my bad english

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Hey @Mia Söderström ,

Well an agent cannot change the columns/filter of a queue (they can only change the sort order).

As an admin, you can go to the queue itself and in the top right corner you have those 3 dots "..."

image.png

There you have the option to "edit queue" which will allow you to add columns or change the filter.

Keep in mind that as an admin you are changing that queue for everyone so analyse if you need to change an existing queue or if you need to add a new queue.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/triage-customer-requests-for-your-agents-with-queues/

Hi again. 

Its not that queue I ask about. I know how to edit my queues. If you look on my document, then you understand where I want to be able to change filter!

Skärmklipp.JPG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Aha! Since you were talking about users I assumed agents.

The screen you are showing is the customer portal and there you can't really change much. There are several predefined filters and columns and those are pretty much fixed unless you spend some money.

Based on the url I can see I guess you are using a server/dc version and not a Cloud plan?

I know they are working on adding more functionality to allow more of these customization but at this moment you'll have to look at addons.

One that I know is the extension for JSM or Refined (but I'm seeing extension mentioned the most)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira-service-management&query=extension

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216711/refined-for-jira-sites-themes?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events