Can we restrict the creation of a request type by an agent?

Nawaaz SOHAWON June 22, 2021

Hi,

Can we prevent agents from creating certain request types on the service desk? (from the "create" button)

Regards,

Nawaaz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Hi @Nawaaz SOHAWON 

Greetings ! 

Can you specify if its the "ServiceDesk Customers" or the "Agent" who creates the Request ?

Usually its the "ServiceDesk Customers" who create new Requests from the Portal page, and Agents provide the necessary resolution for the Ticket in his Queue.

Hi @Ajay _view26_ 

Hope you are well and thanks for your prompt reply.

I am referring to "Agents" (Service Desk Team) and also the creation of new Requests by using the "Create" button on the service desk itself.

Regards,

Nawaaz

Create Request from Service Desk.png

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Hi @Nawaaz SOHAWON 

I am doing good :)

Jira ServiceDesk doesnt support ability to restrict ticket creation for certain "Request Types". This is an open requested feature by lot of users. You can vote for the Issue so that Atlassian hopefully fixes it in the near future

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-195

Hello @Ajay _view26_ 

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will follow and vote for this feature request.

Regards,

Nawaaz

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events