• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can we assign different priority names to different projects using Translate priorities?

We are trying to change the names of priorities from Highest, High...etc to Critical, Major...etc. I can see we can achieve this using Translate priorities. 

However, this is changing not only Jira Service Desk project but all other internal dev JIRA projects.

How can we make this change only to JSD specific projects? We tried to see if there scheme for priority field but it looks like it is unavailable.

Hope there is someone who has done this without using marketplace add-ons.

3 answers

Hi @Shashi Matha 

Translations are language-based, rather than project-based.

So for example, if the priority is set to Critical for Spanish, it will show as Critical in all projects if you also change your user account's language to Spanish.

Priority Schemes aren't available in Cloud - see JRACLOUD-3821 to vote/follow this suggestion.

Without an app, your options are limited - this is how I'd do it:

• Custom Field: Use a custom field - such as a Select List (single choice). Having a custom priority field will allow you to have custom options per project using Custom Field Contexts
  • Automation: This is an extension of the Custom Field option, if you want different users to see different wording. Still create the custom field, but set the values based on the Priority field. So for example if "Highest" is chosen in the Priority field, have an automation rule which automatically sets the custom field to "Critical".

Ste

0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Sep 05, 2020

@Shashi Matha - hi Shashi! Unfortunately, translating priorities impacts those values across your entire Jira instance.

Workaround: If you want project-specific Priority values, consider creating a "Importance" custom field, and have project contexts for each set of values you want. (Jira lets you create your own "Priority" field but since you can't get rid of the system one, any JQL queries will refer to the field by its ID, which isn't the most user-friendly.) 

I would also vote on JRACLOUD-3821 so Atlassian hopefully implements priority schemes in Jira Cloud.

0 votes
Fende1r I'm New Here Sep 07, 2020

Thanks for addressing this topic. I was looking for the information regarding the same. Keep sharing the info TelltheBell, kudos.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

182 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you