Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users in custom field can see ticket in the portal

Jessirel Cubio May 23, 2021

Hi,

I'm wondering if is it possible for other users in the custom field to interact the ticket from the portal?

Ex. 

Reporter = User 1

Request Participant = User 2

Custom Field(user picker) = User 3

How can I make User 3 see the ticket and can also do things that a reporter can. Like add comment, and transition the ticket from the portal.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

@Jessirel Cubio -

In this case, user 3 in the custom field must be setup as a request participant. Or, if all users are setup to be in the same organization where you can configure for allow everyone in the organization to discover all the issues.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

@Jessirel Cubio -

This is why you have to take another look at my recommendation. 

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Jessirel Cubio 

You can add the Custom Field(user picker) to the "Service Desk Agent" in the related issue permission scheme to your Service Management Project 

serviceDesk.PNG

Jessirel Cubio May 24, 2021

Hi Mohamed,

Just to clarify, "Service Desk Agent" requires a license right?

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the user in the custom field have the same permission as the reporter or request participant

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

@Jessirel Cubio 

yes the user in the custom field  should have service agent license to be able to work on the request 

Note: ticket reporter doesn’t require a service agent license it can be customer and in this case you can only comment on the issue or approve/reject solution like customer permissions only  

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

@Jessirel Cubio -

If you only want your "user3" to access the issues from the Portal UI only and perform the activities like the issue reporter/request participant, then you need to consider my original recommendation.

Otherwise if you follow @Mohamed Adel  recommendation, then your "user3" will need agent license and his/her activities will be happening within the project UI and not in the Portal.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Mohamed Adel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders