Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two different instances be linked somehow ?

Alexandre Moulin September 8, 2022

Hi Community !

Let'say that :

Customer A is using is own instance JSM 1.

Customer B is using is own instance JSM 2.

Could it be possible to link JSM 1 & 2 to share tickets, datas, informations, insights etc... ?

thanks for inputs !

BR,

Alex

5 answers

3 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Hi @Alexandre Moulin 

The only app I know which can sync issues and fields is Exalate. However you will not be able to sync insight objects, workflows, schemes etc. Only issues, comments, fields, users (where applicable).

What is the need and business requirements for this connection?

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2022

(I'm with the team that is building and selling Exalate)

Also insight objects can be synced - check following example meant for Jira On Premise
https://docs.idalko.com/exalate/display/ED/How+to+sync+Insight+custom+fields

There is a nice discussion on the exalate community on syncing in the cloud.
https://community.exalate.com/questions/42831299/is-insight-compatible-on-jira-cloud-sync-

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

@francis you are talking about syncing insight objects fields, but not insight objects correct?

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2022

All of it is possible.  The incoming and outgoing sync scripts are groovy based, and in that context, any type of functionality can be built - including the sync of insight objects itself.

It just takes some what more work.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

Oh! Good to know that! If I were you I would put that in the documentation!

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Hi @Alexandre Moulin

like the others said, you'd need an extra app to do so. To get a more comprehensive list of the different apps for this use case, search for 'issue sync' in the marketplace.

With these apps, you can configure which issues, public or private comments, status should be synchronized. Additional app data by other apps usually is not supported due to missing integration points.

I'm part of the team behind Backbone Issue Sync - so I can at least confirm the above points for us.

Cheers,
Matthias.

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Hi,

To share information between different Jira / JSM instances, your customers have to access both of them. It's a native possibility. 

You can also use some apps from the Atlassian Marketplace. They make a connection between instances and synchronize information between them. The most popular is Exalate Jira Issue Sync.

Best regards,

Kate

Appsvio

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
September 9, 2022

@Alexandre Moulin hi there!  I believe you're using the Insights plug-in, right? Feel free to look at ZigiOps. It can help you connect the Jira instances, transfer the data you want (issue types and their related details (attributes)) and sync them (thanks to its bi-directional integration functionality). ZigiOps can be customized to fit various use cases. Take a look at the ZigiOps platform and if you find it useful, you can always book a demo to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

With an addon app yes. When I investigated this one of the obvious things that became a bit of a hurdle was the need to position this app on both instances. Wow this normally may not be an issue it wasn't my case as the other instance was a customer. Other than that you could consider some sort of automation and emails but that isn't going to keep issues in sync.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

@Jack Brickey, for Server <> Server or Server <> Cloud synchronizations, Backbone offers another license model where you don't need to install something on the other instance. It's not there for Cloud <> Cloud synchronizations though.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

Yes precisely. I liked what I saw with Backbone but was in a C2C scenario.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2022

We're working on a concept for it for C2C. 😁

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders