Can't hide agent name on email response to customer

Jack Howard August 6, 2021

I have configured a new template for the email response that automatically sends to a customer when a ticket has been changed or added to.

In this email, it shows the customer the name of the agent that has made the action on their ticket. 

I don't want the agent name to be disclosed, instead I want to have a generic agent name used, such as 'Support Team'. 

So when the customer gets a response, it will always show them 'The Support Team has replied to your ticket....'

For reference I found the below article on this from 2017 but there has been no update to it recently... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-hide-agent-name-for-comment-reply-notification-on-JIRA-SD/qaq-p/592109 

4 answers

1 vote
Tanya B_ January 21, 2022

There are active backlog items for this.  Even if you strip all of your Customer Notifications down to remove references to agents, including the "Shared with" footer, customers will still get email notifications with the Agent names in the "From" header of the email.  The only option I have found for getting around this is to have the user go into their personal profile settings and hide their Full Name to be only visible to the company and then set their "Public Name" to be generic first name, initials, Help Desk Agent, etc.  Keep in mind that this will also be what is used in the Community areas like this.

Marcus February 3, 2022

This is brilliant, why does it seem like no one else knows about this?

Many thanks!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

The templates for customer notifications is under project settings > customer notifications. In that screen you can edit the desired notifications and remove the assignee variable that may exist.

0 votes
Omar Mohamed Fathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2022
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2021

Note: This is a system setting. As such it will hide for all project notifications not just the specific JSM project.

Abdelrahman Elposhi December 26, 2021

Yes, I know. If you have any other solutions, please share them with us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events