Can't create issue from new Form

andy_scoggins January 18, 2022

I've got the new Forms option in a service project. I've built several different forms, some linked to existing fields and some not. I've configured the settings to create an issue from the form.

When I test any form and click the Create button I get:

"Error: Creating Jira issue failed. A server error occurred while trying create the issue."

This happens every time no matter how I format the form or what fields I use.

Any ideas on how too troubleshoot?

Thanks

2 comments

Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

@andy_scoggins we are working on making these errors easier to interpret; this work should be complete this quarter. 

In the meantime the error is typically because the form does not link to all of the fields defined as required on the Issue Type. Another possible scenario is that the required field is conditionally hidden on the form and so it is not populated when an attempt is made to create the form. 

andy_scoggins January 20, 2022

Yes! You were correct with one footnote to add for my situation. The only field that was configured as required for the issue type was "Summary". However, I had an older folder form tied to that issue type that also required certain fields to be filled out in the form itself. Once I changed the fields in the old form to not be required I was able to get the new form working.

Thanks!

Like Simon H likes this
Saries Ardiantoro February 4, 2022

Hello @Simon Herd 
I've already linked a field in the form to a jira field
but it's not populated

so I failed to create the issue because this field is required

what to do?

image_2022-02-04_180819.pngsite code.PNG

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders