Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add customer to Jira Service Desk

Judith Burchardt February 3, 2021

One of my customers was added to Jira Service Desk and able to raise requests and now he can suddenly not login anymore. An error message says he does not have access to our Jira. 

I tried removing him and adding him again but this does not seem to work. 

The steps I followed are:

JIRA service desk > Customers > Client X > Add customers > add email to pop up > save

Normally the customer should get an email but nothing happens. I also tried adding my own personal email but I also do not get an invitation email.

What do do?

3 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2021

Hello @Judith Burchardt,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Checking the logs related to customer invite, I can see that it was sent three invites yesterday. On the logs, it shows only their ID, so I can't say if it was for the specific customer you mentioned.

Please, confirm if they are accessing the portal (xxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals) and not Jira (xxxxxx.atlassian.net). I'm telling this because the error seems like the one we receive when trying to access Jira as a user and not the customer portal.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Judith Burchardt February 4, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Thanks so much for the reply.

I have messaged our customer and he will check it out later today I'm sure.

The weirdest thing is that this customer has logged a ticket successfully with us in the past. And now, suddenly, they are getting that error. And when I removed him and added him again he did not get a new invite email. And when I added myself I also did not get an invite. Is that expected behaviour? 

Thanks,

Judith

Like Liron likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2021

Hi Judith,

It’s important to check if the account is not duplicated on the site.

A while ago was added the possibility for the same email address to be added as a customer and user, but it may affect their access. 

If the site admin confirms that he is listed as a user (Atlassian account) and as a customer, then the best option is to migrate the customer account to an Atlassian account, so the accounts will be merged, and all the tickets will be associated with the correct account or, if he never used and won’t need to use Jira as a licensed user, they can delete his user account.

The customer account is listed on Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Management and internal accounts on Users.

0 votes
Liron
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2021

Hi,

May be best to file a support ticket.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hey @Liron,

The details here on the community show she is on a free version so isn't she entitled to only community support first?

Like Liron likes this
Liron
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2021

Luckily we have awesome support team still responding as you can see below :) 

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi @Judith Burchardt ,

As you are on the free plan, are you sure you didn't reach your email limit? do other emails still get sent out? (such as notifications and customer notificaitons?)

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately this does not appear to be the problem. We only use service desk with a few of our clients and do not send more than 100 emails a day. And other emails, like updates on tickets, do get sent and received. 

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Just to cover out basics, can you double check whether the mail is actually enabled?

On the project, you should have (under project settings) the "Customer Notifications" setting.

There you can see the email to send out when a customer is invited.

image.png

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Yes that is enabled :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events