Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not create project Magic Doesnt Happen

Robert Kneip March 12, 2024

I restored a bckup from my exisiting instance to a new instance to migrte all of the issue types workflows screens etc and all of my work over. I had to go in and delete out all of the migrated projects and issues groups users etc Now the system will not let me create new projects. It says the magic didnt happen. This when I do blank from scratch. Or use config from my existing. I do nt want to wipe out my project and start all over again. 

I think it is a permissions and groups nightmare now. I have checked everything nothing works. Please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024

Hi @Robert Kneip,

I don't think it is a permissions issue. I think you may have accidentally deleted some things that you shouldn't have deleted, making the create project action fail. I am thinking in that direction because you would not be able to even start creating a project if this was a permissions issue.

But, taking a step back: what are you trying to do? You have created a backup from one site, restored it into another site and then deleted most of what you restored? What are you trying to achieve by that?

Assuming that you deleted too some elements that Jira requires when you try to create new projects, a few things you can do:

• Contact Atlassian Support via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ (if you are on a paid plan) and have them take a look at the logs in your site to identify the real root cause here.
  • since you have a backup, restore it again and start over. Try to create a new project after you restore your site before you start deleting things.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events