Can issues be created from an attached CSV?

Joshua Cotterell March 29, 2021

Here's what I need: if a customer raises a request in Jira Service Management, and attaches a CSV that contains all the fields necessary for many similar tasks (I know I can do a bulk import to create all the issues), is there a way to automate the process to import the CSV to create all the issues from it? If possible, it needs to be done with as little human interaction as possible. Ideally, I submit the issue with the CSV, and I see x issues automatically created as a result.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 30, 2021

Hi @Joshua Cotterell ,

The answer to your question is "Yes, you can create issues from the CSV file".

We do have CLI action createIssue, through which you can achieve what you are looking for. You just need to ensure that it has the required/optional parameters to create issues. To create issues, use the required parameters like, (issueType or type), (project or parent).

Along with the action, you need to use the parameter i.e, file which allows you to pick the file to run the actions. The CSV file should be accessible to the CLI client and should preferably be in the CLI client's local file system.

For example, have all fields you want to create in a CSV file(here it is: 3503-create.csv) and run the below action to create issues.

--action runFromCsv --file "3503-create.csv" 

create-issue.jpg

You can also, refer to the below KB article for the same:
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/article/1555857475

To automate the issue creation process, you need to write a script along with our CLI action, which helps you to schedule the job automatically. 

We have opened a support ticket, SUPPORT-6389  to better track your request. However, we couldn't add you as a reporter. Please sign up using this link signup-here and share the user name/id. We'll then add you as the reporter and confirm.

Thanks,
Raja

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

the import process is quite easy (few button clicks) once you have a saved template. The key is the reliability of the CSV format adhering to the template. Otherwise you can consider:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events