Can i see when a step was updated not last updated?

corne de beer March 7, 2021

My company is using JIRA as our ticketing system but now I want to start building a time tracking for SLA contracts and I need to see when individual steps were updated not only the last updated value.

for example:

Open: 2021/01/01 11:00:00

Response: 2021/01/01 13:00:00

Workaround: 2021/01/01 15:00:00

Resolved: 2021/01/01 17:00:00

Currently, I only see the last updated date.

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

@corne de beer -

I agreed with @Ismael Jimoh statement of looking at issue history section.  However, if don't want to use issue history, you will need to do the following customizations in your project's WF to achieve your needs (assuming I read your ask correctly):

1. Create custom date/time fields for each one of your WF statuses that you want to track for the date/time that a status is moved into.
  2. Add those new custom fields into your Issue View Screen.  You should not add them to the Issue Edit Screen since the population of those fields will be done via the WF.
  3. Customize your WF (at each status) with a post function call to populate those custom fields.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2021

Hi @corne de beer 

I would check the issue history section of sample tickets.

This stores all history of what happened in the said ticket.

Do clarify if I misunderstood that you would like to know when a specific issue was updated.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events