• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can edit requests without Agent access in Next-Gen Edited

Hello,

I've noticed on my test instance that if a user has application access to JSD and has not been added as an agent to a project and the project has open access the user can log on and edit requests.

Why is that? I thought you need to be added as an agent to be able to do that

As you can see from my screenshot user prima**** is not an agent but does have access to JSD and can add internal and notes to the customer. 

I have refreshed my login for my user and logged in and out to make sure the settings are all applied correctly

Snip20200122_177.png

Snip20200122_176.png

Snip20200122_180.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So I managed to figure this out. If the project is OPEN anyone who has Application access will be able to access the project and add comments.

If you only want to allow Agents to be able to access that project you need to set it as private and then only users who are part of that speicific private project will be able to access and comment on that project.

OPEN project = Anyone with application access to JIRA Service Desk can access and can make comments

PRIVATE project = Need application access AND be added as agent to that project to access and make comments

Hi @Harry Bob

I would suggest you to have a look at the permission scheme. By default, the behavior should be as you describe. However, it is possible to control which project role has what permission. Thereby, the prima*** user could have been granted Agent permissions without having the Agent role. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @Gustav L_Estrade 

Thanks for the reply.

Im using a Next-Gen project so it doesn't use the permissions schemes if I'm not mistaken. If so thats why I'm confused as to why the agent can still edit.

Any other suggestions would be great!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

2,227 views 28 39
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you