Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an organization contain an automatic groups

Tim Briggs December 27, 2021

I have various portals used for different parts of our business and I want to make it so only people in specific groups see the support portals. Currently everyone in the company is in a company wide organization, which technically works, but this allows everyone to see all of the portals. What I would like to do instead would be to create a separate Organization for each department at our company and use that to add access to specific portals instead, I can certainly do that already, but one issue is manually populating all of these groups with users will certainly generate errors (and more support tickets), so I want to know if it is possible to user a group that can be automatically updated based on membership in Active Directory / Azure to ensure consistency. I know you can do this with Internal Access Groups, but I wanted to know if you could also do this for an Organization as well.

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

Hi @Tim Briggs. Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In short, you cannot add groups to customer organizations in JSM as yet. There is a feature request you can vote on and add yourself as a watcher to receive notifications from now on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events