Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a password reset link be requested if the customer did not even sign up?

Karishma January 7, 2021

So can a customer who is part of the jira service desk project request a reset for password even though he did not sign up as part of the Welcome invite?

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

@Karishma 

If the user has an account then they can request a reset.  For instance if you add a customer that customer even though they did not complete the process after the invite was sent would be able to come back and reset their password.  The user needs to make sure that they enter the correct email address or no email will be sent.

Karishma January 7, 2021

There is no resend link for customers, we have to delete the customer account and add them back. This is a hassle. Even as an admin under User management->Jira service management for a customer's email I only see 4 options --- Delete account

Change password

migrate to atlassian account

revoke access

It does not help.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Once the welcome email has been sent the user will need to use the change password link when signing in.  This will send them a link were they can get their password and sign in for the first time.  you can also do it for them if you like.

Capture.PNG

Karishma January 7, 2021

I know about the forgot password link, one of the user's tried it and did not see it come to their private email comcast account. I had tried it, and it worked. The difference was the comcast account never signed up, I had finsihed the sign up process.

I was looking for a way to automate the reset password process but Bobswift CLI mentioned that is not possible for the cloud. It would really help if there was a way to reset the password using automation or resend a welcome invite.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Karishma,

Only way to do it is via forgot password.  No way to automate at this time.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi Karishma,

No. Resend the invitation link. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders