Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can a password reset link be requested if the customer did not even sign up?

So can a customer who is part of the jira service desk project request a reset for password even though he did not sign up as part of the Welcome invite?

2 answers

@Karishma 

If the user has an account then they can request a reset.  For instance if you add a customer that customer even though they did not complete the process after the invite was sent would be able to come back and reset their password.  The user needs to make sure that they enter the correct email address or no email will be sent.

There is no resend link for customers, we have to delete the customer account and add them back. This is a hassle. Even as an admin under User management->Jira service management for a customer's email I only see 4 options --- Delete account

Change password

migrate to atlassian account

revoke access

It does not help.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 07, 2021

Once the welcome email has been sent the user will need to use the change password link when signing in.  This will send them a link were they can get their password and sign in for the first time.  you can also do it for them if you like.

Capture.PNG

I know about the forgot password link, one of the user's tried it and did not see it come to their private email comcast account. I had tried it, and it worked. The difference was the comcast account never signed up, I had finsihed the sign up process.

I was looking for a way to automate the reset password process but Bobswift CLI mentioned that is not possible for the cloud. It would really help if there was a way to reset the password using automation or resend a welcome invite.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jan 07, 2021

Karishma,

Only way to do it is via forgot password.  No way to automate at this time.

Hi Karishma,

No. Resend the invitation link. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

319 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you