Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Service Desk ticket be updated when a linked Knowledge Base article solves the issue?

psavago October 8, 2020

Apologies if this has already been answered, I've looked high and low with no luck.

It appears that the reporting and notifications for Knowledge Base effectiveness on Service Desk tickets is rather limited. Is there any event or trigger that can be used on a Service Desk ticket when a customer flags an article Yes/No as solving the problem?

Imagine the following scenario:

1. Technician works ticket with customer.
  2. Technician provides KB article in a comment.
  3. Customer clicks "Yes" it solved my problem.
    1. Customer goes about their life.
    2. Technician pines over being ghosted, and reaches out to ask customer if the article helped.
  4. Or... Customer clicks "No" it did not solve my problem.
    1. Customer seethes over not getting immediately feedback when the provided article did not help.

I want to does something (comment, transition, etc) in the Service Desk ticket based on the customer selection for article effectiveness.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Marriott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hi @psavago,

Thanks so much for your question.

Default reports in JSD related to knowledge base articles are:

• Article usage: The number of times your customers viewed knowledge base articles in the portal and found them helpful

• Article effectiveness: The number of requests resolved with and without knowledge base articles

You can read more about how these reports are populated by reading this community answer.

Unfortunately, JSD does not currently have the functionality to trigger a request action (such as comment, transition, etc.) when a customer selects the "This helped me" link on a knowledge base article.

Thank you,

Charlie

Jira Service Desk

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

psavago December 28, 2020

@Charlie Marriott  - Sorry for the slow response. The answer is correct, but I wish it were not.  Do you know if there are any feature requests or road map plans to expand upon the reporting abilities for Confluence article helpfulness on Service Desk tickets?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events