Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Jira Service Desk display contact information for customers?

Damon Gaylor December 13, 2018

How are our agents supposed to contact the reporter via phone if we don't have their phone number?  We are on Cloud and really don't want to have a issue field for phone that users need to populate each time.  This information should be available from logged in users.

Do I have any other options?

4 answers

0 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi Damon,

We've built Atlas CRM for this exact purpose. It's a CRM built inside Jira (and Confluence) which allows you to save additional information for companies and contacts. Your users can access the information from within a Service Desk requests and start a call right away.

You definitely don't want to use issue fields. Your data will end up scattered throughout issues and keeping everything up-to-date is hardly manageable this way.

Give Atlas CRM a try and contact us if there's anything we can help you with: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213313

0 votes
Amaresh Ray
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2018

@Damon Gaylor are your reporters internal to your organization (e.g. employees) or are they external?

If it's the latter, I recommend utilizing the CRM integrations that are available for JSD Cloud.

0 votes
Jerry Ryan Ishmael December 16, 2018

Jira service desk is not natively well versed as a CRM like salesforce or Zendesk. However if you are a salesforce organisation for example, there are methods to link contact info based on submitters email in JSD using addons. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

you might consider an addon e.g. enriched-profiles-for-jira-service-desk

Note: I do not use so cannot speak to the effectiveness, value, stability

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events