Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the new change calendar feature in JSM for other issue types like incidents?

MichielPC June 4, 2021

I want to use the change calendar for incidents https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/show-change-requests-on-the-change-calendar/

It seems to only work for changes, but it would be very useful for service requests or incidents as well, when we want to visualize the work in our primary tool without needing secondary tools to manage this.

Is this possible out of the box

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

Hey there @MichielPC !

I'm Gabriel, the Product Manager that's looking after Change Management features for Jira Service Management.

I'd love to hear more about how you would like to use the change calendar. I can also share some of the upcoming work we're doing with the calendar, to see if it addresses some of your needs.

Please send me an email at graubenheimer@atlassian.com and we can set up a time.

Warmly,

Gabriel

MichielPC June 17, 2021

To update this thread, we're setting something up so we can discuss this further. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hello @MichielPC,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The Change calendar works only with the issue type Change on ITSM project templates. 

When trying to create an issue from the calendar and change the issue type, this message will appear and it’s expected:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 09.39.10.png

In this case, the only workaround would be to use an add-on. The only other project type that has a calendar (and it’s possible to use for different issue types) is a Jira Work Management template, but in this case, it’s not possible to work with customers, only with internal licensed users.

Kind regards,
Angélica

MichielPC June 17, 2021

Hi, Angélica!

Thanks for explaining and confirming my "fears". :P 

I am not looking for an add-on but maybe someone else is, thanks for adding that alternative. 

Gabriel commented below that we can discuss this option without an addon. Maybe that leads to an out-of-the-box route.

I will flag this as the answer because it does answer what I wanted to know and provides an alternative for others.

All the best,

Michiel

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders