Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Service Management to just receive e-mail?

정상원 November 30, 2022

Hi all, 

I want to setup Jira Service Management on our website just to receive and gather emails , so we can send out newsletters.

Can someone please help me with this. I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.

A link to a tutorial or sample will help tremendously.

Thanks you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira Service Management is not an email / newsletter system, it's an ITSM tool built on top of an issue tracker. 

If you send it emails, these will be raised as incoming service requests (with an issue behind them for your agents to work on), outgoing emails are generated by agents responding to requests.

You are looking at completely the wrong type of system for doing newsletters.

정상원 December 7, 2022

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your input. Yes I am aware the system is for tickets and we will be expanding it to FAQ+C/S workflow at a later date.

Just wanted to know if we can use it to gather e-mails only to start with.

Best,

Sang

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Yes, you can - it will take incoming emails and turn them into requests or issues, depending on whether you direct the email to a service desk project (requests) or a software, work management, or product discovery project (issues).

It is utterly useless for newsletters.

The next question is what are you trying to set up?  What do you actually want to do with these incoming emails?  What do you want to turn them into so that Jira can track the work?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events