Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I show customer/reporter responses in a gadget on my JSM Dashboard?

Jan Jaap Wallien May 7, 2021

Hello all,

We are still setting up JSM Cloud for our company, while using it to support our internal customers (IT users). We're using a dashboard that looks pretty good to me, but I'm missing one thing: I'd like to show customer/reporter responses regarding my issues. Preferrably in a separate gadget.

I guess all responses are shown in the standard 'Company Activity' gadget. However, I would like to see an overview of only replies to notifications by our customers or my colleagues that pertain to (only) my issues.

I could not find an appropriate gadget to do this. The Activity Overview can supposedly be filtered to only me as a user, but I cannot get that to work. Maíra Storch had a good addition in another thread to eliminate entries from Automation and that helps, but I still see all activities.

So any help to just display my customers' replies in a widget would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, JJ

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

@Jan Jaap Wallien Welcome to the community.  

There is not a great way to do this and see the activity.  There will always be more than what you are looking for.  I have seen individuals create filters that pull back the issues associated with them that have been updated recently but it does not show the comments or information that you are after.  

Jan Jaap Wallien May 13, 2021

OK, Thanks Brant.

Too bad tho, this would be a good feature, right now agnets miss comments sometimes. This is bad, especially when an issue is 'on hold' (e.g. 'Waiting for Customer').

Does anybody else feel there should be better notification to agents re. customer/reporter responses?

JJ

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

@Jan Jaap Wallien Have you tried using automation to transition the issue when a customer comments on their issue?

Jan Jaap Wallien May 14, 2021

No, never thought to try that. Would something like this work?

• Make a rule with trigger 'issue commented' change the state of a ticket - a new attribute i.e. 'all comment(s) read'?
  • If so, I would probably use a custom checkbox field that the agent can check as soon as all comments are read.
  • The default value of the field is 'checked' so all comments are read in the beginning
  • And then, we could make a new queue with issues with new comment(s) waiting, based on the value of the custom field.
  • When a new comment arrives, Automation unchecks the box.
  • After reading the comment, the agent checks the box (or leaves it unchecked as a reminder).

Or did you mean something completely different?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2021

@Jan Jaap Wallien 

I was thinking of just transitioning the issue into a status of something like customer responded.  Then you could filter on this in a queue so they could quickly see which issues had a response.  Once they read it they could move it to a different status.

Jan Jaap Wallien May 15, 2021

@Brant SchroederThanks, I kind of got that, but designed my more complicated version, because changing the status doesn't seem like a good idea in many cases. Anyway, I'll give it a go.

However, I still think the agent should get better nofication that there's a response. E.g. similar to the forum here, where I see a number in a red circle to point out there's a reply to a point I raised.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events