Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set just set an SLA on only on issue type

Julie Rose June 20, 2017

Currently with the JIRA Service desk, - I have three issue types, and I would like to set the SLA on just one issue type, so the remaining two do not have a SLA against them - does anyone know if this is possible?

Cloud based product

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2017

Hello Julie,

This is possible. When you are setting up your SLA goals, you would use JQL to set a specific target for the one issue type that does have a target, and set No Target for the others.

For instance, if the one issue type I wanted the SLA for was defect:

goals.png

Julie Rose June 21, 2017

Hi Josh

Thank you, would know if I can also add to the issue type the priority, as we have three priorities which I would like to set different goals?

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Hi Julie,

As long as you can make a JQL string that meets the conditions, you can set a different SLA goal. This page details the JQL feature (aka Advanced Search)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-764478330.html

Hint: If you build a filter using Basic search, you can switch to Advanced to see the underlying JQL. Then copy and paste that into your SLA config.

Julie Rose June 26, 2017

Hi Josh

Thanks again. I did try with this:

issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical

but issue type fault with prioroty minor still set a SLA.

I just wanted an SLA against fault type and critical prioirty - would you have any ideas - thank you

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2017

You may have to set the opposite of that to No Target.

You have:

issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical

One way to do the opposite of that is this, add this below set goal to No Target.

not(issuetype = Fault AND priority = Critical)

shashanka.jilla November 16, 2020

Hi can you provide sol for below req

we have an issue types like New feature which i don't want to define any SLA for this can you help me how to configure it in  JQL its bit urgent 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events