Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have a rule to automatically set up the Major Incident toggle based on the priority input ?

Flaviu Dan August 16, 2023

I want to create a rule so when an incident is created and the priority is Highest, the Major Incident toggle would be automatically switched on. Is this possible ? I tried to find the Major Incident toggle so i would use it in the rule .. but it seems it just isn't there. 

2 answers

1 vote
Sayed Bares _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

@Flaviu Dan Go to your automation and in your Edit issue fields action, use advanced mode and paste this:

{
"fields": {
"Major incident":"MAJOR_INCIDENT"
}
}

This way automation will mark Major incident as true based on how you have set up your rule.

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2023

Hi @Flaviu Dan 

How look relation between Incident and Major Incident and when it is set up?

not sure i understand what you mean 

for a better understanding, my question is related to this topic 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Major-Incident-Toggle/qaq-p/2025801

Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2023

Now I understand. Major incident is a value in custom field.

You can create a rule like that:
1. When - issue created
2. Condition - priority is Highest
3. Edit issue action - choose field where you will set value "Major Incident"

Flaviu Dan August 17, 2023

Yes, there is the way to do it with a custom field. But there is a Major Incident toggle provided by JSM that i want to use.. it is a Locked Field in JSM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events