Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I grant permission to only one agent to manage organizations without making them an Admin?

Matt Baker April 26, 2022

I know there is a global permission for JSM that allows me to configure all agents to have permission to manage organizations. I don't want to enable this. 

I would like to allow one particular agent to be able to do this, but don't want to give them admin rights. 

Is there any way to do this without giving this user admin rights or having to give all agents the permission to manage organizations?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Baker May 9, 2022
0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

@Matt Baker -

Are you asking in regards to organizations associated to an JSM project or "organization" referring to your JSM environment which is a part of Jira Administration>Systems?

If it is the first, then agent should already have to ability to add/remove customers against an organization associated in your JSM project via the Customers option.

Please let me know.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Matt Baker April 29, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin 

I am referring to organizations associated with a JSM project. 

I know that that you can allow all agents to 'manage organizations' in the JSM configuration options in the admin pages, but if I do that all agents will have the ability to make changes to organizations.  

I don't want all agents to be able to do this. I just want one agent to have this permission. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

@Matt Baker -

Ok, so you are asking for the agent rights associated within a JSM project.  I am not aware of if there is any option to achieve of restricting the organizations mgmt (within a project) to an individual agent.

At this time, I would recommend you to submit a support request with Atlassian Support team (https://support.atlassian.com) for their inputs.  I would love to hear on their response to your ask.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events