Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display an Insight value in a context field value

Steven Lees-Smith May 22, 2022

Hi there,

In our employer schema we store each persons seatinf location.

Is it possible to just show that as a context field for agents to see when they are working on tickets.   Not something they need to select and add, just to be visible as soon as they go and work on a ticket.

Thanks,  this will be a big win for us as currently we are losing a lot of user information that we currently have visible in our system we are moving away from.

Cheers.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Lees-Smith May 23, 2022

Is it possible to reference the 'seatingLocation' from the Employees Object when the Reporter matches "JSM User" which is the object set to User in the attributes as the default value in another custom field or something.

I just need to have it display on the form with having to jump through the add object when there is only ever 1 seatingLocation for a reporter in Insight.

0 votes
Steven Lees-Smith May 24, 2022

If anyone is interested, I figured this out by automation when an issue is created.  It then looks up the employee schema and matching the User from Insight with the reporter.display name.

I then do a for each (Advanced Branching) against the {{lookupObjects}} smart value and update a custom value with the {{ObjectList.seatingLocation}} from Insight.

I turned off the Search template so it just displays the data from Insight we pull in from AD in a single line text field which sits under the reporter in the context fields.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events