Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete the reason field or block edit fields on the issue collector window pop-up?

Ratree Wongsuwan July 13, 2021

I'm trying to use Issue Collector to integrate my HTML. I use javascript to use the function button and custom Issue Collector. I use "fieldValues" to predefined information to submit to Jira. (User doesn't do anything. except click submit)

1. Can I remove "reason field" pop-up? I can't remove it. I think it is a mandatory field from the Issue Collector.

2. Block to edit when Issue Collector pop-up. I can't block to edit data from the console. It has a way to block via Javascript or any?

3. Can I auto-submit when the user clicks the button to open Issue Collector?

I follow this link. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/customize-the-jira-issue-collector/

Sample code follow example

<script type="text/javascript">window.ATL_JQ_PAGE_PROPS = {
"triggerFunction": function(showCollectorDialog) {
//Requries that jQuery is available!
jQuery("#UseCaseButton2").click(function(e) {
e.preventDefault();
showCollectorDialog();
});
},
fieldValues: {
summary : 'Issue-Title',
description : 'Issue-Description',
}};</script>

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2021

Hello @Ratree Wongsuwan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing the issue collector here using a simple configuration with no javascript customization, didn’t show a Reason field, so I wonder if this is a required field on your project. 

When creating a ticket directly from Jira, does it show that this field is required as well?

Block to edit when Issue Collector pop-up. I can't block to edit data from the console. It has a way to block via Javascript or any?

Searching for similar cases and also on our documentation, doesn’t mention about block the fields from being edited. What can be done is to set default values and set the fields to be hidden.

Can I auto-submit when the user clicks the button to open Issue Collector?

On our documentation, it doesn’t mention anything about auto-submit functionality, so I’m afraid to say that it won’t be possible. 

With this said, since you need a more customized form, I would suggest you build your own form using REST API. 

There is also this tutorial that might help:

Also, in case you need help with development questions, we have our developer community: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events