Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a copy of a project management tool so it can be used concourrently?

Victor van Overbeek January 1, 2023

Hi there,

I have created an office move template using Jira Work Management. The purpose is for different departments in the company to have a central operating tool to work on tasks related to office moves for our many offices in Europe.

I would like to have this template as a copy, so that it can be reused, or used concurrently if multiple offices are moving at the same time. At the moment, if the template is used for a given office move, I would have to recreate the same template if we would need another one. 

We have standardised procedures worked into the management tool, such as certain tasks that departments can check off. 

How can I create a copy of the template, or is there a solution that can fix the above?

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2023

Hi @Victor van Overbeek and welcome to the Community?

It depends what is in your template. From what you describe, it seems that your template may be a Jira project, but that is not really clear from your description.

If it is, you can create additional Jira projects using the initial one as a template. At least, if you set it up as a company managed project. To do so, create a new project based on a Jira Work Management template. As long as it does have a company managed version, you should be fine. In this example, I chose Project Management. In the last step of the creation process - where you're asked to enter the project name and key - select the option to Share settings with an existing project. There, you'll be able to specify what your template project would be:

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 16.45.41.pngHope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events