Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a Customer and Add them to an Organization without send an invite?

John Briscoe May 16, 2022

I'm setting up my instance of Jira Service Management for Customer Support. How would I create all of my customers without sending them an email invite to sign-up.  Later, after I import all of their issue from our old system, I would then like to send out individual emails for them to sign up for the Customer Support Portal.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@John Briscoe Where are you importing the issues from?  I would suggest doing everything at once.  If you disable the notification there is no way to resend it through Jira currently.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2296   I would suggest setting everything up in a test instance and get your order of operations down then doing the import so the customers get notified when you are ready to go live.  

If you would like to disable the customer invite before adding the customers go to project settings > customer notifications and disable the customer invite notification. 

John Briscoe May 16, 2022

Hi Brant,  I'm importing all open issues from Salesforce.  I ran a test import in the demo (test) environment, including all customer names.  Unfortunately, because the customers don't exist in Jira yet, the names don't import, but come over as anonymous.  I can always add them later to each individual issue (120) after I send the invitation email.  Was just trying to find a shortcut.  Thanks for responding.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events