Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect Jira Service management to Jira environment within other subscription?

Raymond Kerckhoffs August 26, 2022

Case:

Team A uses Jira (id@teamA.com) and Team B uses another subscription of Jira (id@teamB.com)

Is there a way to integrate the Jira instance of Team B within the Jira Service Desk instance that Team A is using? So that within Jira Service Desk I see all items from both Team A and Team B, and I am able to report on work of Team A and B combined?

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hey @Raymond Kerckhoffs and welcome to the community!

I don't believe that is possible at least not out of the box. If this was on the same instance with multiple projects that would be easy/easier but reporting across multiple instances is gonna be difficult.

One thing that does come to mind is an app call BigPicture. it's originally set up as a Program/Portfolio management tool (so you can report on and see issues from multiple projects in a program or a portfolio).

However, I do know that this app can link to multiple instances at the same time and you can combine that information.

It sort of depends on how you wish to visualize the information too.

While it might not be the straightforward method you were hoping for I personally cant think of another way to do this. I suggest you install a trial of that app and see if it fulfills your requirements.

Hopefully someone else can bring some more suggestions!

Raymond Kerckhoffs August 26, 2022

Thank you Dirk.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2022

Hi @Raymond Kerckhoffs,

Following up on @Dirk Ronsmans' suggestion on additional suggestions, I ran into this support article on federating Jira, managing multiple instances.

While it is written with the Data Center in mind, many of what is said there, applies to cloud as well.  If you can't get your data in a single view, synchronising your data is always an option and there are several apps available to support that type of use cases.

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Raymond Kerckhoffs

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

Yes, this is very possible, but you will need to use a third party integration solution to fully synchronize the two Jiras bidirectionally. I would urge you to look at Exalate where you will be able address this particular use case within minutes. You will also be able to control this integration at a very granular level by choosing what happens with each field. 

Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2022

@Raymond Kerckhoffs hi, there! it's possible. A connector might help you achieve that, such as ZigiOps. It's a no-code one, and can easily be customized to fit various use cases. It can help you connect bi-directionally and sync the two Jira instances (and keep them up-to-date in real-time). It reads the schema dynamically and can transfer any fields. Feel free to look at it and book a demo to see how it can help you with your use case.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events