Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I avoid duplicate registration ticket?

Juan Portero June 24, 2022

The idea is that by means of a ticket that is generated daily manually for the registration of news by department, another registration ticket cannot be created until the current one is closed.

For the exercise, it can be considered that there are 5 departments, so there would be five parallel records, the idea is that there are no duplicates per department.

Is it possible to have this configuration?

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

@Juan Portero -

In my opinion, this is not possible since at issue creation time there is no check for existing issues that matches in the operation.

If you can provide more details on what you are trying to do, then I can look into it further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Juan Portero June 27, 2022

Hello @Joseph Chung Yin 

In this case, the departments would be different branches where what is sought is to create a ticket at the beginning of the day and as the day progresses, the various novelties are noted down and closed at the end of the day.

For this reason, what is sought is to have registration tickets of:

Branch 1
Branch 2
Branch 3
Branch 4
Branch 5

Is there a way to have a configuration where if the Branch 1 ticket has already been created, a new registration ticket cannot be created until it is closed?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events