Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I automate csv ticket outputs in Jira Service Management?

Gareth Jones May 19, 2022

As part of our Business Contingency Plans, we currently output a list of all tickets from Jira each Monday. This allows us to carry on working on tickets we have logged if we lost access to Jira SM for whatever reason.

I'm looking to automate this process ideally. I've gone through the Automation settings and the global automation settings. I can set a schedule, but on the actions I can't see a way to do this. Am I missing something? I'd love to be able to automate this very laborious task.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DasJo May 23, 2022

Hey,

if it is started from an automation, I would see the biggest problem as where the CSV is downloaded to. Alternatively, you can set a batch job from a server or your computer to download the stuff via Rest.

I have found the following Rest call:

Method: GET  Url: JIRA_BASE_URL/JIRA_CONTEXT/rest/api/2/search?jql="assignee=currentUser()" 

Greetings,
Josef 

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Have a look at using an exporter from the Atlassian Marketplace. Some will provide a scheduler that might help you achieve what you're looking for. I'd also look at The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel. Using Automation for Jira, you can look at sending a web request, but it's more suitable for integrations, especially when you are expecting response data for subsequent actions.

Are you exporting a subset of projects only or all projects? Depending on the details you need to export, you could explore APIs to pull the data you need, giving you more automation control. Nevertheless, I'd suggest reviewing the Atlassian retention policies and site backups and trying to build your BCP around that as much as possible to avoid getting into this manual export process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events